- Cork City
- JN -122023-1952639
- Jan 16, 2024
- €50k - €70k
We are happy to be working with one of Ireland and Europe's leading M&E contractors who are looking to take on an experienced Electrical Estimator for projects in Ireland and Europe.
Position: Electrical Estimator
Our client is building a dynamic and innovative team and are seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator to play a crucial role in accurately assessing project costs and ensuring the success of a diverse range of construction projects. Projects include pharmacutical developments, data centres and med-device extensions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse project plans, specifications, and relevant documents to determine the scope and requirements of electrical work.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and subcontractors to gather necessary information for accurate estimates.
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive cost estimates for mechanical materials, labour, equipment, and overhead.
- Research and source materials and equipment to ensure cost-effectiveness and quality.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, site visits, and discussions to enhance project understanding.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to requests for proposals and bid inquiries.
- Collaborate with procurement and supply chain teams to secure accurate pricing for materials and subcontractor services.
- Maintain a database of historical project costs and estimating data for reference in future projects.
- Stay current with industry trends, regulations, and advancements to ensure accurate and up-to-date estimates.
- Experience in the tendering process for mechanical contracts.
- Industry experience of 5 years or 3rd level degree in a relatable field.
- Proficiency in using electrical estimating software and tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the desire to deliver high quality projects, while beginning able to motivate and develop those around them.
- Ability to work within a team, collaborate with others and work on your own initiative.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.