Communications Manager - Ireland
- BBBH771779 Dec 10, 2020 Competitive
Exciting new opportunity for a Communications Manager to join Statkraft, Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro,wind and solar power.
Statkraft have high ambitions for growth in wind and solar in Ireland and need a communications expert to support their Country Manager, the project development and construction teams in Cork and Tullamore as well as the rest of their Irish business. You will be part of an inspired, international communications team, committed to a carbon-neutral future and delivering outstanding communications support to the whole business area. You will report to an Oslo based Vice President Communications.
As our new Communications Manager Ireland your main responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of communications support to the Country Manager and Irish team
- Build and maintain Statkraft's profile and brand in Ireland
- Planning and execution of communication activities, in close cooperation with public affairs, project communications and stakeholder management activities
- Media relations management
- Digital communications, web and social media activities
- Tools and activities required to execute on communication plans, e.g. briefing notes, articles, presentations, press statements etc
- Be the single point of contact for all Communications queries in Ireland
- University degree within a relevant field with relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience from communications work
- An interest in, and passion for, renewable energy development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Skilled copywriting and editing experience with excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of how to effectively communicate with community groups and the general public as well as the corporate target groups
- Proactive and solution-oriented- a practical doer who delivers quality results on time
- A team player with strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong organisation skills and time management skills, with an energetic approach and a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Experience and working knowledge in website and social media management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300