Associate Analytical Chemist
- BBBH788695 Jul 28, 2021 Competitive
Excellent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company in Cork as an Associate Analytical Chemist. See below to apply today!
An Associate Analytical Chemist is now required for a global pharmaceutical company based in Cork on a permanent basis.
- Analytical support to all projects; activities related to analytical development, validation and/or transfer work for projects.
- Guarantee that technical transfer analytical tasks are accomplished within the timeframe defined and according to the scope and cGMP requirements.
- Improve knowledge in Analytical Chemistry area in terms of new technologies and new methodologies.
- Analyse Raw Materials, In-Process Materials and Finished Products.
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks, records, chromatograms to an acceptable cGLP standard.
- To calibrate and maintain designated laboratory instruments.
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to achieve an efficient QC system.
- To bring to the notice of the Team Leaders, or Director any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformance in testing or work practice.
- To follow up to date analytical practices with reference to specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- To adhere to any agreed internal laboratory rota tasks.
- Liasing with other departments in relation to QC dispatch/testing
- To liaise with external suppliers/vendors in relation to QC consumables
- To adhere and ensure all safety requirements and expectations are met.
- Receive, from the NPI Team Leader, project analytical packages.
- Perform all project analytical tasks: e.g., method development, method creation, methods transfer/ validation, write protocols and reports.
- Use of official systems (LIMS, CDOC and Docstream)
- Solve project analytical problems, giving support to all areas and departments.
- Give training to other areas according to established training plans.
- Discuss actively with customers the proposals to solve.
- Perform equipment maintenance, internal calibrations and internal qualifications according to task distribution list approved in the area.
- Ad hoc duties as determined by Team Leader or QC Director
- Third Level Science Qualification and 2-3 years equivalent work experience or a Master's or PhD degree in a Science related field and at least 1 year equivalent work experience
- Experience in method transfer essential
- Analytical skills and ability to make decisions under pressure:
- Pharmaceutical experience in a GMP regulated laboratory environment
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge in Analytical Chemistry, Quality Control and transfer/validation of analytical methods and QC procedures. Training and experience in GMP and ICH guidelines;
- Proven technical ability in laboratory systems.
- Worked for a minimum of 3 years in the analytical chemistry/Quality Control area.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300