- Contae Chorcaí
- Nov 24, 2022
Contracts Manager required for a world leader in the renewable energy sector. Hybrid working model offered for a role based out of Cork City.
This job represents a great opportunity to join a world leader in the renewable energy sector. The role is for a contracts manager with responsibility for project delivery and for managing the end-to-end commercial contract cycle on projects assigned to you.
The main responsibiltites of this role include:
- being responsible for the contract strategy, tender evaluation, contract negotiation, contract management, and claims phases of multi-million-euro/pound business-critical contracts
- leading the schedule, specification, and technical aspects of the tender, as well as supporting the commercial elements with the wider team
- liaising with the legal and project teams to determine the most appropriate contract form while evaluating the technical and commercial aspects of tender submissions
- understanding wider project contract management activities and ensuring that interfaces between packages of work are optimised to the maximum benefit
- developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and contractors while keeping up to date with market and technology trends.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a strong cultural belief in safety and extensive project or contracts management experience in large capital projects in the renewable sector
- have strong interpersonal skills as well as good negotiation skills
- possess in-depth knowledge of contracts and contract Law in Ireland and the UK - FIDIC form of contract in particular
- have experience with management of tender process from preparation and issuing of tender packages, managing tender process through to contract negotiations, and tender award in CBoP, EBoP and TSA
- have the ability to work with multidisciplinary project stakeholders incl. the technical and legal fields
- renewable energy in onshore wind and solar projects essential
- are driven to meet deliverables on target, with attention to detail and understand the technical and regulatory requirements to deliver onshore renewable projects.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.