- BBBH772853 Jan 07, 2021 Competitive
Our client is a growing, ambitious and cutting edge company based in the Mid West. They are looking to add a Senior Financial Accountant to the team.
This company is an Irish Multinational going through a period of massive expansion. They are seeking a Senior Financial Accountant, reporting to the executive leadership team, this role will suit an individual who is career orientated. Strong progression prospects.
The organisation is looking for a candidate who has experience below, however, guidance and training are provided. The company is looking for a qualified accountant in industry with 3 years + experiance ideally. Immediate interviews.
Key Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for the monthly accounts close process in line with strict deadlines including posting journals, preparing and analysing balance sheet reconciliations at month end and calculating, posting and analysing monthly accruals and prepayments ensuring all items are accurately captured.
- Prepare detailed monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Prepare and present analysis and respond to queries as appropriate.
- Lead and complete a review of current monthly/quarterly close processes and procedures and implement any necessary improvements to ensure maximum efficiencies.
- Prepare annual budget and monthly forecasts, present analysis and address queries as appropriate.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and liaise with and support the auditors in the audit process as required.
- Assist with the review and organisation of inter-company contracts and assist with transfer pricing issues as appropriate.
- Assist with relevant projects in a group re-organisation context including potential mergers and acquisitions as required.
- Identify, initiate and drive continuous systems, controls and process improvements throughout the organisation.
- Liaise cross-functionally (e.g. operations, sales and marketing) as appropriate and build long-lasting working relationships.
- Support a team of Finance Colleagues.
- Perform appropriate ad hoc assignments.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- Experience in both IFRS & US GAAP highly advantageous.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment advantageous
- Excellent technical experience from a financial statement and reporting perspective.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent systems, process and controls experience including from an on-going improvement perspective.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work within deadlines, prioritise and multi-task effectively.
- Proven ability to liaise cross-functionally and establish and develop internal and external business relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to handle large volumes of data in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate within a team environment and express ideas effectively to both technical and a non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, find solutions and deliver results.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, etc.) and systems savvy.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Adaptable, commercial and energetic.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Accounting & Finance | Interim & Contract