- Aug 08, 2023
National Broadband Ireland a leader in telecommunications who are responsible for delivering high-speed wholesale broadband network are currently recruiting for an Analytics Support Engineer
Analytics Support Engineer
Maintaining and Supporting the data ETL pipelines and associated databases that deliver to internal NBI users in all areas.
* Monitoring, troubleshooting and managing the day to day operation of NBIs' internal IT Operations systems and Analytics environment ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
* Manage NBI internal user access and permissions for the analyitcs estate:
o AWS Data Lake
o Secure Portal (Pulse Connect, dashboard permissions)
* Manage analytics related systems integrations including:
o GE Smallworld
o PowerBI gateway
o ArcGIS enterprise
o Other systems that are outside the core analytics estate.
* Generate on demand NBI business reports including CMPC reports and ComReg Reports
* Work with the business stakeholders and IT to ensure the quality of documentation relating KPI and PI dashbpoards and associated pipleines
* Manage the performance of our suppliers and contracts ensuring that they are meeting SLA's and providing the service that the business needs and ensuring they are delivering value
* Manage OE ticketing queues and reporting for analytics issues
* Focus on incident prevention and problem management to reduce the number of incidents
* Be part of on call rota on the team for P1 - P2 incident management.
Knowledge & Experience:
* At least 5 years' experience of IT operations management in a 24*7 environment, ideally in a telecoms or similar demanding SLA environment.
* Strong technical skills in
o SQL (AWS Athena)
o Python (Pandas, Numpy, openpyxl, web scraping libraries, AWS Data Wrangler)
o REST APIs (authentication, consumption and tooling e.g. Postman)
o AWS services (Athena, S3, Lambdas, Batch, Step functions)
* Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders. This role requires leadership, self sufficiency, self management and strong relationship skills.
* Experience in process development and improvement is desirable.
* Proven problem solving experience
* Strong experience managing 3rd party vendors, diverse stakeholder groups and ideally outsourced partners.
* An understanding of the principles of ITIL and eTOM and the application of same.
* Ability to manage major incidents, in a controlled and calm manner, getting the best from all parties involved and accelerating its resolution.
* Experience in ISO 20000 and ISO27001 desirable.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Enthusiastic and comfortable with rapidly changing environments .