- JN -082023-1945373
- Aug 18, 2023
Join a dynamic team as a Senior Buyer and play a pivotal role in ensuring a seamless and efficient supply chain operation.
Our Client is a global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision and they are looking for a an experienced Senior Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
With annual revenue of $1 Billion. Our client is a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a startup. Their Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes their employees for their innovation, perseverance, and hard work in a fun and rewarding environment. They value in-person team collaboration, while offering remote workplace flexibility up to two days a week
- Manage supply of material for projects through to transfer to Mass Production.
- Execute on Purchase Orders with the supply base to ensure Supplier meets request dates
- Expedite delivery of material to meet customer demands
- Maintain PO due dates in the business system
- Provide weekly updates on the delivery and commitment of material to wider Operations team.
- Manage and take responsibilities specifically relating to Buyer activities such as OTR, Invoice Issues, Receiving Issues and MRB.
- Support the purchasing team with reporting on weekly basis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Enhance value by implementing targeted actions to reduce unit prices and engage in spot negotiations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers negotiating contracts, prices, timeline
- Sourcing new products, developing, and implementing purchasing strategies
- Drive process improvements around procurement systems and processes
- Determine and manage inventory needs, ensuring that all procured items meet quality standards and specifications
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
- Understand and negotiate vendor commits.
- Analyze data and understand it
- Manage suppliers to meet requirements
- Drive schedule changes to meet ever changing requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpret ECOs, BOMs, Process Flows
- Proficient in PC quality data entry, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint.
Minimum Education And Work Experience Required
- 8+ years experience in a similar role
- 3rd Level Qualification in Business/Supply Chain or related discipline. APICS/IIPIM desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing data
- Demonstrable experience in owning and completing tasks/projects.
- Experience in ERP systems is required, preferably in SAP.
- Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain Management principles such as MRP & inventory planning & control.
Embark on a rewarding journey where your expertise will shape the future of the supply chain operations. They offer competitive compensation, professional growth opportunities, and a vibrant workplace culture that celebrates diversity and excellence.
Ready to make your mark? Apply now by submitting your CV and a compelling cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your vision for supply chain success!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Recruitment Consultant