- BBBH797429 Jan 21, 2022 Competitive
Our client is a well-respected, mid-sized independent regional firm that specializes in professional accounting, taxation, and business advisory services.
Job Title: Accounting Manager, Public Company
Outside of the Big 4, our client is considered to be the next biggest accounting firm in B.C. Their culture offers employees a balanced lifestyle, including a flexible work schedule in the summer, with ample room for personal and professional growth.
Whether you a currently based in B.C, or thinking about relocating there, our client's opportunity will appeal to talented individuals who share their desire to be the best.*
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Accounting Manager for the management and development of their team, while ensuring excellent customer service is provided to clients.
- Manage and direct your team in-line with company and client expectations
- Participate in the training & development of your team
- Review and prepare financial statements
- Understand the client's business, identify issues, and suggest improvements
- Coordinate complex accounting projects with other members of the accounting team and other departments.
- Handle advisory and assurance engagements for public company clients.
- Designated CPA
- 5+ years of experience post-designation
- Extensive audit and assurance experience with Canadian or US public companies
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting principles and GAAP
- Experience working in a coaching or mentoring capacity to other team members.
- Capable of managing complex projects to meet tight deadlines and client expectations.
*Immigration support can be provided to those coming from outside of Canada and looking to reside in B.C.
Senior Consultant - Finance - Morgan McKinley