- BBBH769820 Nov 10, 2020 £20k - £40k
A brand new and exciting Health and Safety Officer position based in West Sussex. Are you an experienced Health and Safety Officer looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have at least 3 years health and safety experience with a solid understanding of guidelines and legislation?
Would you like to work in an easily accessible West Sussex location for an organisation that offer amazing benefits, including subsidised lunch and refreshments, on site parking, pension scheme and career progression opportunities?
We are looking for an experienced health and safety officer for a demanding but very rewarding role in the heart of Sussex.
As Health and Safety Officer you will be required to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety.
- Ensure that all Health Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Be visible throughout the Company to ensure that safe working practices are being followed.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Conduct suitable and effective risk assessments for all work equipment and operations across the Company.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Inductions, training packages and competency testing to employees.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, and investigated as per statutory requirements and that recommended improvements are implemented.
- Updating HS Report and HS data analysis
Who are we looking for?
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Ideally from a manufacturing or engineering background
- Handling of HS investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising HS policies and procedures.
- Ideally, you will hold a NEBOSH qualification or will be working toward this and you will be COSHH trained
- NEBOSH Diploma Member of institute of Occupational Safety Health (IOSH)
An opportunity to work for amazing organisation
Role: Health and Safety Officer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: West Sussex
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Sussex & Surrey
(Office) 01293 523 400 (Mobile) 07943 657 648