City of London
- BBBH767157 Sep 25, 2020 Competitive
Systems Database Administrator - SQL & ORACLE - 6 Month FTC
A leading investment bank based in London have a requirement for a Systems Database Administrator to join their team on a minimum 6-month FTC, with potential to be made permanent.
The Database team provides DB technical support globally for BAU activities and critical project deliverables in addition to regional infrastructure support tasks. This will be a Hybrid database role so experience in both SQL and Oracle will be necessary for this position.
This role will initially be remote due to the current situation but are flexible with work once offices reopen.
Some of the Main Duties & Responsibilities;
- Consult, design, build, test, deploy, and support quality database solutions that involve Oracle/SQL Server and are consistent with project objectives, client requirements, the company's technology architecture standards and departmental best practices.
- Administer Oracle/SQL Server database infrastructure from design to deployment
- Utilize Oracle/SQL Server subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, security, recoverability, and supportability, all while minimizing costs.
- Provide 3rd level on-call support on a rotational basis
- Supporting the application infrastructure that underpins the Front Office Trading and risk management platforms hosted on Windows Server 2012.
- Executing releases of new functionality or patches.
- LINUX & Oracle Database Administrator
- Windows & SQL Server Database Administration
- DB Build experience
- DB Installation & Config
- Clustering experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Root cause analysis
- Documentation skills
- Shell Scripting
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.