Portfolio Operations Manager
City of London
- BBBH778306 Mar 22, 2021 Competitive
A large ambitiously growing financial services company is looking to hire a Portfolio Operations Manager on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to support the continued development of the Portfolio Operations function in the UK office to support the evolving global operating model.
The position will manage a small team responsible for supporting the investment process to capture and maintain internal and externally managed investment data in order to produce a complete, accurate and timely Investment Book of Record (IBOR) to effectively manage the Fund's exposures on a daily basis.
- Oversee the daily portfolio operations processes including the management of data and portfolio set up processes for the core systems in the department
- Oversee executed trade processes and trade confirmation issues
- Act as delegate for the Senior Manager Investment Operations as required
- Support the investment teams within the London and overseas offices as required
- Oversee the training and development of staff within the Portfolio Operations team within the office
- Manage key relationships with the Master Custodian to support the portfolio operations activities undertaken in the London office
- Manage other vendor service relationships as required
- Oversee the delivery of the data and portfolio services product across all locations including specifying policies, standards and protocols that must be followed when providing the product
- Ensure the data and portfolio services are performed in accordance with the appropriate practices and protocols consistently across the various locations
- Coordinate and oversee the governance process surrounding the preparation and updating of key processes, operating manuals etc
- Experience in managing and constructing the overall investment portfolio structure
- Senior management experience in investment operations in a financial services environment
- Strong people and relationship management skills
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work across the investment department and lead in a team based environment
- Experience with the management of investment operations
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Ability to develop improvements to processes, with inputs and support from a range of interested parties
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Financial Services Operations
44 (0)20 7092 0219