- BBBH784829 Jun 15, 2021 Competitive
A leading international bank is seeking a 2-6 year PQE lawyer to join its London-based team specialising in debt capital markets and securitisation
Summary of the role
The London-based branch of this bank is looking for a Legal Counsel to advise its Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Securitisation businesses across the globe. In this high-profile role, the chosen candidate will work in partnership with relationship bankers in structuring and managing transactions across the UK and Europe, as well as affiliates within the Bank's wider group bringing work from the Americas and Asia.
Candidate's role and responsibilities
- Structuring, reviewing and drafting from pitch docs to mandates through to execution and settlement.
- Managing MTN draw downs and standalone transactions, unlisted and listed across a range of European and offshore Exchanges.
- Working on securitisation structures, secured lending transactions including Project Bonds and high yield.
- Drafting and reviewing structured notes and swap documents.
- Providing support to the Head of Capital Markets Legal on non-transactional matters and legal projects including planning for regulatory impact projects such as Brexit.
- Contributing to Industry fora and Trade Association committees in leading market discussions.
Candidate's qualities and qualifications
- Spanish, English, US or European qualified lawyer with relevant experience from a law firm or in house in a financial institution.
- Good working knowledge of current Securities law and regulations in the UK and Europe with a knowledge of US law and regulation helpful.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and a high standard of drafting ability
- Other European language skills will be advantageous however not essential.
- Flexibility to travel to Spain and other European jurisdictions for work should be in contemplation when travel situation normalises.
Benefits of the role
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from the bank, depending on your own contribution and length of employment
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
If you think you may be the right fit for this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch as soon as possible and/or to send your CV to Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant (Legal) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133