City of London
- BBBH777748 Mar 19, 2021 Competitive
Flexible Legal Counsel role within a progressive and leading UK-based company housing one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces
The company is looking to expand its legal team by hiring a Legal Counsel on a permanent basis. They are also willing to consider a candidate on a part-time basis (3-4 days a week) with a pro rata salary. The role will involve directly supporting our Principal Legal Counsel and General Counsel in delivering legal and strategic advice to the company, primarily covering aspects of real estate disputes, corporate, construction and finance matters. This role is ideal for a professional returning to work, looking for flexible working hours and days in the office and a company culture that encourages a work/life balance.
- An enthusiastic personality with a proactive mindset and the natural ability to anticipate the needs of the legal team
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and to communicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders
- Attention to detail in delivery and high quality of work is a must
- Willingness to be a "generalist" and to expand legal skills to the wider areas of knowledge applicable to the business (including but limited to real estate, corporate, construction, disputes, compliance, IP, finance and governance)
Candidate's Key Responsibilities:
Supporting the legal and compliance function across the company including:
- Managing and coordinating the conduct of disputes with clients and suppliers
- Filing and managing small money claims with the Court
- Coordinating advice from external counsel
- Supplier contract reviews
- Advising internal stakeholders
- Coordination and management of legal billing
- Supporting the compliance function
- Broad legal and administrative support to the General Counsel and Principal Legal counsel
Candidate Qualifications / Skills:
- 2-4 years PQE (if qualified in the UK) or 4-6 years PQE (if qualified in a common law jurisdiction, with minimum 1 year's experience practicing in the UK).
- The candidate should not have more than 8 years PQE.
- All experience gained in a recognised international law firm or corporate in-house legal team
- LLB, JD or other degree plus GDL (or equivalent) with a minimum 2:1 average (or equivalent) and currently admitted to practice in a common law jurisdiction
- Experience in working with other European jurisdictions (e.g. Germany, Ireland, France) and German language skills would be advantageous (though not essential)
- Real estate experience is a core requirement, disputes, corporate and construction (they already have compliance officer)
Please send your CV to Pippa Campbell, Recruitment Consultant (Legal) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant (Legal) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133