Internal Audit risk control
- BBBH795229 Oct 05, 2021 £80k - £85k
I am currently looking for an internal auditor or controls tester within front office risk and controls experience. You will need to have traded product banking experience
- Primary responsibilities include collaborating with Markets Senior Management and key stakeholders across the firm including Regulatory Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Firm-wide Business / Functional Owners to deliver integrated high-risk Process led Assessments.
- The successful candidate will likely have experience in scoping, planning and execution of assurance / testing / assessments of Markets control processes. The candidate would be familiar with established Risk & Control and Regulatory compliance requirements for a global Markets business.
- Carry-out Risk/ Materiality assessments in line with Framework by prioritizing High Risks / Regulations to determine Target Process inventory.
- Identify Regulatory SMEs and Firm-wide Business/ Functional Owners and Participants, document firm-wide E2E process, governance structure and controls.
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Technology, Legal, Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) to design, implement and deliver integrated global operational control assessments
- Assess/Test End to End Risks and Controls design to determine gaps in existing MCA framework for selected process
- Identify control weaknesses & gaps, report results, raise Issues (as needed) and track to resolution by collaborating with Markets Transformation and broader Transaction & Processing Risk (TPR) colleagues so that issues have corresponding implementable actions and ownership through to closure, whilst aiming for automation of enhanced controls, where appropriate.
- Writing reports including issues, overall control enhancements and action plans in collaboration with key business stakeholders including Markets Management, Operations, ORM and ICRM as appropriate.
- Completing projects within agreed timescales, whilst keeping stakeholders up to date on progress and escalating any blockers.
- Contribute in cross training of new members of the team.
- Provide assurance on the control design and performance for an area, at a global, regional level or sub-level
- Identify control design and performance issues to support development of remediation plans, contributing to broader Markets Risk and Controls program
- Support consistent ongoing application of controls and monitoring across Markets with integration into MCA framework (Manager Control Assessments) and Risk & Control (CRC) platform
- Collaborate with ICRM, ORM and Internal Audit to support and respond to internal and external assessments
- Creating, submitting and presenting timely Governance updates on progress against plan, key issues identified and seeking approval of forward looking BAU assessments book of work at Risk and Control Committees.
- Contribute to review and making improvements to Markets Operational End to End Assessments Framework and methodology.
You will need a:
- Strong understanding of operational processes, risks and related controls, associated with Markets businesses
- Excellent understanding of control design and effectiveness assessment techniques and practices
- Experience in financial services; experience in planning, scoping and/or leading execution of Internal Audit, Compliance or First Line assurance projects
- Strong communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
- Strong track record in project management implementation
- Strong organizational and influencing skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to articulate and collaborate for success with stakeholders
- Works well under pressure and in meeting deadlines
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, but appropriate industry experience & exceptional delivery track record is as important.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, ACCA, CISA or similar) preferred
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
+44 (0)20 7092 0135