HR Advisor - Investment Mgmt - London - 12 month FTC - £70k
City of London
- BBBH819972 Aug 09, 2022 £70k - £75k
The HR Advisor will be required to support the HR Manager and Head of HR on all tasks and projects managed by the department.
ROLE OBJECTIVES & OVERVIEW
- The HR Advisor will be required to support the HR Manager and Head of HR on all tasks and projects managed by the department. They will be the first point of contact on all employee relations issues and act as the first point of escalation for the HR Administrator. In addition, and whilst not acting as their formal line manager, the HR Advisor will also provide significant support to the HR Administrator.
- The structure of the team means that the role will be exposed to all aspects of a busy Human Resources department, so the role holder will need to be comfortable operating in a broad capacity and at all levels across the department.
- This job description is intended to give a general overview of the role, it is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities and skills and there will certainly be times when role holders are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
- Acting as the first point of contact on all employee relations queries and issues, covering the entire employee life cycle
- Building relationships with all key stakeholders, at all levels across the business
Learning & Development (L&D)
- Lead the implementation of a best in class Learning & Development strategy that includes creating L&D programmes and learning pathways for specific teams across the business, rolling out company-wide training (particularly on ED&I) and increasing utilisation of LinkedIn Learning
Payroll and benefits
- Overseeing monthly payroll process including checking and challenging the data that has been entered and processed by the HR Administrator
- Responsible for overseeing the administration of all benefits including employee pensions
Recruitment and onboarding
- Providing guidance to the HR Administrator with the end-to-end recruitment process for all areas of the business including carrying out interviews and liaising with the business on candidate feedback
- Taking ownership of some key projects in the business including annual remuneration round, annual performance management process, overhaul of employee handbook including associated policies
Employee Life Cycle
- Providing guidance (where required) to HR Administrator on all people related processes
- Overseeing all regulatory requirements for employees and working with the Compliance and
Risk teams to ensure they continue to be fulfilled
Data & systems
- Responsible for overseeing production of all employee MI including turnover and absence statistics
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience of operating in a similar level role
- Strong communication skills, both written and presentational, with an ability to communicate complex messages, clearly to a variety of audiences
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to effectively manage situations with discretion and sensitivity
- Excellent analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills, with the ability to collate and manipulate data to communicate, often detailed messages, concisely
- Comfortable with the use and navigation of cloud-based systems, including the input of data into and the reporting of data held within the systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, possessing the ability to retain high standards in a busy environment and incorporate corrections into future work
- Willingness to question the status quo and suggest process improvements where necessary
- An ability to be flexible around the workload requirements of the team and adjust individual task list to suit any ad-hoc project requirements
- Strong ability to build relationships with all levels of employee from Administrators to the CEO
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects of varying size and importance
- Ateam player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- 2 A' Levels grade A-D (or equivalent qualification)
- Appropriate professional HR qualification
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Team Leader | Finance, Procurement, Operations & HR Recruitment
+44 (0)20 7092 0102