Head of Transactional Finance
City of London
- BBBH800991 Dec 03, 2021 £60k - £65k
My client a leading tourism company is looking to hire a head of transactional finance for a temporary contract role to support with additional workload
- responsible to Manage the Accounts Payable department.
- Manage the Credit Control function, manage the bank postings and reconciliations function, ensuring complete and accurate posting of receipts into the accounting system.
- Ensure the team is well supported, properly trained and managed effectively.
- Maintain controls that deliver a robust environment and minimise financial risk.
- Ensure aged creditor reports and aged debtor reports are regularly reviewed and areas of risk are identified and communicated to financial control teams with actions agreed for resolution.
- Produce KPI reports on productivity, highlighting main issues and concerns as well as positive feedback on performance.
- Review and monitor SLA's and processing KPIs, looking for trends, identifying improvements and isolating areas of concern.
- Generate proposals for processing improvements and new technologies to suit the needs of the department, improving processing efficiencies and the control framework.
- Work closely with the business to develop and support changes required to improve customer services and supplier management, writing business cases and analysing systems changes.
- Ownership of the finance processing policies.
- Contribute to the cash flow forecast, inputting on forecasted supplier payments and customer receipts.
To be successful in your application for this role, beneficial to have skills and experience in:
- AAT or equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge and substantial experience of Financial Control, Accounts Payable, Credit Control and Banking processes and relevant business requirements
- SAGE or similar accounting system knowledge required, including understanding of workflow, scanning and automation solutions
- Project management experience
- Able to manage department budget
- Knowledge of the travel industry is advantageous
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Experience of leading and development teams.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment
+44 20 7092 0127