City of London
- BBBH823022 Jul 21, 2022 £115k - £120k
Strong knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience required to lead the EMEA Client Implementation Team at one of the industry's largest global asset managers.
EMEA Client Implementation is positioned within Investment Operations and is responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of all new business events and change events for our EMEA Clients and Products including:
- Institutional client events such as new mandate implementations, benchmark changes, changes in custodian or administrator, variations to investment strategy, inspecies, fee changes, market openings, broker onboardings, futures clearing and derivative arrangements;
- Product events such as new Fund Launches, Mergers, Restructures, Closures, inspecies and investor registration/participant account opening.
Why this role is important to us
As Head of EMEA Client Implementation, you will be accountable for the smooth and controlled end to end delivery of new business and change events coordinated by your team. As the key management level contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of pipeline management and event allocation. You will be expected to understand events being undertaken by your team to a high level of detail and ensure successful delivery. You will manage key controls within the team ensuring ongoing risk excellence is maintained.
The scope of the role is broad and there will be regular and ongoing involvement with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Externally you will interact with clients, consultants, counterparts, custodians, fund administrators, transfer agents, investment and transition managers and other third party providers. Internally, key interactions will be with relationship managers, product strategists, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal, middle office and trading.
What you will be responsible for
- Accountable for the smooth and controlled end to end delivery of new business and change events coordinated by your team.
- Proactively manage the event implementation pipeline and management of the resource capacity to facilitate timely delivery to meet our client and internal deadlines.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the function, reviewing operating model, controls and functional positioning. Develop workflow to continuously improve client experience.
- Evolve KRI and KPI to effectively measure the success of the team and to identify areas for refinement / improvement. Produce governance reporting and team presentation materials.
- Represent the team and the function during both internal and external client meetings.
- Demonstrate technical skill and understanding detail of the work the team is responsible for completing so as to be well positioned to coach and solution.
- People management, including recruitment, goal setting, performance measurement and management, development, succession planning and training.
- Fulfil role of Outsourcing Arrangement Owner in relation to team activities that are delegated. Ensure compliance with the EBA guidelines on outsourcing and oversight.
- Maintain business continuity plans for your team.
- Contribute to global and regional project, for example initiating workflow system developments and enhancements.
- Participate in industry forums and maintain knowledge of market developments and technology relevant to the function.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to plan and run multiple priorities with capability to adapt and be flexible to changes in a delivery focused environment.
- Solution orientated. Driven and resilient. Comfortable with change.
- Analytical and inquisitive.
- Articulate and able to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Organized with strong administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Industry qualifications considered an advantage.
- Prior experience in a client onboarding/implementation role, ideally in a management capacity.
- Investment Operations experience gained from an investment manager / buy side.
- Broad understanding investment markets and settlement. Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- An appreciation of asset transition/ inspecie mechanics.
- Project Management experience useful.
- Please be aware this is not a KYC/AML onboarding role.
This role will be working on a hybrid model of 2/3 days a week in the office in London.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Team Leader | Finance, Procurement, Operations & HR Recruitment
+44 (0)20 7092 0102