Group Corporate Tax Manager, Financial Services
City of London
- BBBH769962 Nov 18, 2020 £80k - £100k
A leading firm in the Insurance sector is currently recruiting for a Group Tax Manager to join their team of 6, reporting into the Head of Tax.
A leading firm in the Insurance sector is currently recruiting for a Group Tax Manager to join their team of 6, reporting into the Head of Tax. The incoming candidate will have two direct reports and take responsibility for managing the group's corporate tax requirements, for both UK and non-UK entities, as well as overseeing the VAT and IPT compliance.
This will include:
- Management of all Group tax compliance, monitoring the process on an ongoing basis and recommending areas for development or improvement and managing any tax audits that might arise.
- Taking a lead responsibility in producing regular tax forecasts, ensuring tax expense is complete and accurate and analysing variations to forecast.
- Reviewing the use of technology to streamline processes where possible.
- Managing and maintain an appropriate tax risk management framework for relevant/allocated risks consistent with the Group's risk management processes.
- Assisting the Head of Tax with any tax requirements into business transactions/projects to ensure the Group is structured in the most tax efficient manner.
- Managing VAT and IPT compliance as well as identifying areas for improvement and tax savings
- Manage the compliance and reporting tax team (currently 2 staff). Establish direction, objectives and targets and lead team to deliver against these.
The ideal candidate will need to have a broad tax knowledge, both at a technical and practical level across corporate tax and indirect taxes. They will need to have a detailed tax accounting knowledge including IFRS and UK GAAP as well as financial services background.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Tax
+44 20 7092 0030