Financial Reporting Manager - FTC - 15 Months Must have: Banking/FS experience - Strong IFRS (IFRS 9) and Finrep experience
· Lead the monthly close for the UK entities and manage production of the quarterly Finance report for the SBE board.
· Accurate and timely submission of the Regulatory reporting deliverables to the PRA.
· Quarterly IFRS9 business model assessments and IFRS16 lease reviews
· Support strategic initiatives which includes FINREP automation and audit transition process
· Provide advice and guidance to senior management on matters relating to statutory reporting and the impact of new business activities.
· Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
· Manage the production and timely submission of the regulatory reporting deliverables which includes FINREP, Forecast and memorandum data
· Lead the monthly close and reports covering London entities which includes preparation of the monthly financial statements and the attestation papers
· Board and treasury committee papers which includes quarterly financial reports to the UK Board of Directors including financial commentary and monthly treasury papers
· Manage the IFRS9 Classification and Measurement business model and SPPI assessments and quarterly IFRS16 lease reviews
· Lead the automation of the underlying process for delivery of the FINREP through the strategic architecture SUMx
· Support the Audit Transition process
· Owner of the Data Warehouse which is used to automate and populate various disclosures included in the local annual statutory accounts.
· Maintain procedural and process documentation and monitor adherence to EUC guidelines
· Working with London Finance Project group to ensure that a large percentage of the month end production work is automated
· Responsible for the Fixed Assets Register of the London subsidiary on an on-going basis by ensuring that additions and disposals, if any, have been accounted for appropriately.
· A subject matter expert on all accounting policies and standards for London. Provide technical guidance to the front office/business up to Senior management level on all matters relating to accounting standards
· Assist with coordination, communication and implementation monitoring of new accounting standards.
· Deliver high-quality and timely responses to the Head Office, the Senior Management and other stakeholders.
· Ensure all communications are succinct and clear for recipients.
· Implement an efficient control framework ensuring work efforts have procedures and policies in place and are fully end user computing compliant.
· Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
· Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
Contributes to a high-performance environment and fosters an inclusive work environment; supporting the vison/values/business strategy for the team
Skilled in written and verbal communication
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.