- BBBH799755 Nov 22, 2021 Competitive
One of the Big 4's FS Law UK team requires a derivatives lawyer to contribute to its multi-disciplinary, multi-jurisdictional offering across banking, capital markets, and wealth & asset management
The client's legal professionals provide multidisciplinary legal and legal-managed services to the General Counsel of multinational corporations, bringing innovative solutions to better address the challenges they face and deliver the value and outcomes they seek.
The client's lawyers and legal-managed service specialists have led teams in banks and other regulated firms, and have worked in-house within legal teams and compliance functions, dealing with a broad range of regulatory change issues and regulatory investigations. The client regularly advise and deliver end to end solutions on regulatory compliance matters, including IBOR, CSDR, Uncleared Margin Reform, Brexit, SMCR, GDPR, PSD2 and MiFiD2, in addition to local market and EU/cross-border regulatory compliance.
This client's legal managed services are an integrated part of the client's wider business both in the UK and globally and as such, deliver leading market insight and subject matter expertise scaled by its global legal managed service platform to bring together leading legal advice, innovative processes, best in breed technology and leading legal delivery professionals across the globe.
This is an opportunity for a senior derivatives and ISDA lawyer to join its rapidly growing financial services focused legal managed services team to help support clients execute on their business as usual and project driven legal documentation work.
- You'll support the successful delivery of legal services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence and legal subject matter expertise
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements
- Consider legal issues and risks as brought about by regulatory change (i.e. IBOR, Initial Margin, CSDR and BRRD II etc.) in relation to legacy contracts and trading documentation including derivatives, securities and loan documentation.
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of Master Agreement documentation for OTCs (English and New York Law as applicable) including but not limited to: securities and loan documentation ISDA Master Agreements (and ancillary documentation), Credit Support Annex, GMRAs, MRAs, GMLSAs, MSLAs, MSFTAs, Prime Brokerage documentation (including PBAs and ancillary agreements) futures, Tri-Party Agreements, Collateral Control Agreements, or any other clearing agreements.
- Consider constitutional documents, including netting, collateral and capacity opinions as may be required as well as assist with the drafting of additional bespoke provisions of particular jurisdictions or counterparty types.
- Strong knowledge of ISDA, other derivatives, loan and securities documentation in addition to trading and product agreements.
- Keeping informed of business and regulatory developments as they impact on the way in which the business operates.
- Liaising with relevant internal stakeholders (including but not limited to trading, sales, credit, treasury, tax and legal) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Keeping work in progress records up to date and disseminating information on project status to senior stakeholders.
- Presenting back legal escalation issues to senior internal client stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience negotiating ISDA and other financial trade documentation
- An excellent grasp of the regulatory landscape in the UK and EU, and a broad understanding of major international regulatory initiatives
- Experience of advising on significant regulatory compliance matters such as; Uncleared Margin Reform, PSD II, Brexit, IBOR, AIFMD, MIFID II, EMIR, FSMA and other relevant laws and regulations
- An understanding of Bank Regulatory capital issues and other issues affecting the banking sector, such SMCR and IBOR
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
- Experience managing teams (incl. virtual or cross-border) of 2 to 6+ people
- Demonstrable regulatory and/or derivatives law experience of a minimum of 5+ years PQE.
- For individuals who are not legally qualified, 8+ years of direct experience managing a wide variety of derivatives and master trading agreements negotiations
- A proven record of negotiating complex documentation within very tight time deadlines.rvice and internal coordination skills as part of a project team with a mandate.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication and organizational skills to work quickly and efficiently to achieve results.
- Excellent project management and communication skills
Get in touch with Pippa Campbell (In-House Lead) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7092 0133 to discuss the role further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Legal Recruitment Consultant (In-House Lead) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133