- BBBH766910 Sep 23, 2020 £30 - £40ph
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Compliance Specialist
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Compliance Specialist on behalf of a multi-national technology company based in London on a 12 month contract. The Compliance Specialist will be rewarded with an hourly salary of £31.67.
You will function as the Regulatory Compliance Officer for an an authorised electronic money issuer in the United Kingdom. The compliance specialist will be responsible for adhering to all applicable compliance obligations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement and manage the regulatory framework, ensuring regulated activities of the business are carried out
- Ensure ongoing compliance to the company policies and standards. Also manage and maintain policies including :
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Risk Management
- Participate in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on business issues and any risk items arising from day to day business activities
- Report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, providing updates as appropriate; prepare materials for the Board reports as required
- Be the primary point of contact and engagement with relevant regulators and authorities, including:
- Advise operational stakeholders on obligations & compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; provide compliance guidance to operational escalations as needed for example:
- Provide guidance and/or review and approveKYC/AML escalations including
- Receive reports in regards to suspicoius activity and evaluate these ; disclosure of internal suspicions of money laundering and reporting to the NCA;
- review and approve the on-boarding of high risk customers, such as PEPs or those with complex ownership structures
- Provide guidance and/or review and approval customer support escalations including
- Manage and/or create (where necessary) action plans in response to operational deficiencies, audit discoveries, compliance violations etc
- Identify any required regulatory policy updates and implementing required changes. keep abreast of regulatory developments
- Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Monitor the performance of operational functions fulfilled by the group ; engage operational stakeholders in ongoing monitoring/oversight meetings ensuring all necessary systems and controls are operating as intended
- Advise product teams on proposed new products and/or proposed new launches, as needed.
Mandatory- Educated to degree level, preferably in law, finance, business management or related field Additional hold an ICA, ACAMS or equivalent qualification. 10+ years' proven experience in a compliance officer role. A real working knowledge of the UK payments & electronic money legislation, its regulatory requirements and procedures : - Experience within AML/Financial Crime - Experience within regulated complaints handling - Experience of regulatory engagement/communications - Experience with Board level engagement and board reporting - The ability to foster strong relationships with different business areas and stakeholders - Brilliant oral and written communication skills. - Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | National Delivery Recruitment
44 (0)1179 440 600