- BBBH773919 Jan 21, 2021 £80k - £100k
Based in Vienna, Austria, a global payments and fintech business, is seeking to hire a Legal Counsel to take regional responsibility for all legal matters
ROLE IS BASED IN VIENNA, AUSTRIA
One of the world's leading payment and money transfer companies is seeking to hire a lawyer to be based in Vienna, Austria. This is an exciting time to join a business that has gone through significant change and growth and offers the incumbent an opportunity to advise the business on a diverse range of legal matters and provides significant autonomy in the region.
The role is broad and will include such responsibilities as:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements between the main business entities and work with a range of lawyers across the world on commercial arrangements.
- Advising on licensing and other regulatory requirements in the region relating to the company's activities and products, in particular regarding its licensed entities in Europe, and communication with regulators.
- Providing strategic legal advice to business partners within the company and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Staying current and advising senior lawyers and business units on changes to the regulatory and competitive environments in Europe.
- Handling corporate governance matters, provide general legal support with respect to corporate and commercial matters as well as conducting internal training.
- Ideally you will have at least 3 years' PQE and you must speak fluent German.
- Lawyers from either private practice or in-house are requested to apply. However, it would be advantageous if you have experience in the Payments / Banking / Financial Services sectors.
- You should be team orientated and able to work as part of an international legal, responding to queries across Europe.
- Experience in a financial services regulated setting is important.
This an outstanding role to work for a leading Fintech and Payment Services company, offering excellent career prospects. Please contact James Franklin at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Head of Legal, UK
+44 (0)20 7092 0133