Financial Controller - Construction - Basildon, Essex
- BBBH769142 Oct 29, 2020 £60k - £80k
Financial Controller - Construction - High Growth SME - Basildon, Essex - Hands-on finance role with great exposure - Lead the business to float in 3 years
An exciting opportunity as a Financial Controller has arisen within an exciting SME with plans to float in 3 years. The company is based in Basildon, and has onsite parking available.
The role will report into the CFO, with the candidate having the autonomy and responsibility of the finance function. This will include setting up processes and procedures, setting up new accounting systems and driving the finance agenda forward. This is a hands on finance role and would suit candidates looking to be part of the growth of a dynamic business.
Responsibilities in the role to include:
- Design and implementation of new accounting systems
- Production of Management Accounts, showing gross profits per construction project, cost/revenue analysis, etc
- Preparation of financial reports/forecasts and analysing financial data
- Preparation of annual accounts together with working with the auditors
- Design and implementation of credit risk management systems
- Preparation of new project costing forecasts/tenders
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns
- Train and develop current (1) and new staff as the team grows
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as the business continues to grow
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Construction experience would be desireable, although this is not essential
- Detailed knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting & cost control principles
- Working within an SME environment would be desirable
- Self motivated, confident and a hands-on individual
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant - Qualified Finance
+4420 7092 0209