- BBBH823944 Jul 29, 2022 £450 - £500 pd
Multiple Investigations Officers - Intelligence & Development & Investigations Officers to be part of the IDI team of a leading global bank
Looking for multiple investiagtions officers to investigate the activities of extensive and complex networks of customers and financial associates generated by entity resolution and network analysis software. Complete transactional analysis, draft reports on findings and other relevant outputs (including suspicious activity reports), complete all required case governance, and ensure relevant business areas are debriefed on any findings of concern.
The successful candidates will work in the Intelligence Development and Investigations (IDI) team is part of Financial Crime Threat Mitigation within Compliance Services.
IDI's mission is to mitigate the most serious, systemic financial crime risks and threats facing the business and the financial system, now and in the future, through an intelligence-led approach. Collaborating with internal stakeholders and through public-private partnerships, the team leverages bank-wide intelligence, data, analytics and investigations resources in order to:
1) Identify and prioritise key financial crime threats;
2) Undertake and oversee significant intelligence-led financial crime investigations; and
3) Respond to sensitive, high impact and time-critical financial crime threats and issues.
In delivering against these core objectives, IDI will: protect the bank from significant reputational, regulatory and financial crime risks; support the development of improved and sustainable controls; provide highly useful intelligence to government and law enforcement, protecting communities, national security and the global financial system; and raise awareness of threats across the bank and within the communities we serve.
Overall purpose of role
To assist in the execution of IDI's core objectives.
- Support the delivery of the core objectives including through remaining flexible to respond to financial crime threats emerging from geo-political events and ensure identified areas of priority across all IDI ongoing projects are resourced appropriately.
- Conduct multiple complex and high profile investigations; this includes investigating the activities of extensive and complex networks of customers and financial associates generated by entity resolution and network analysis software. Complete transactional analysis, draft reports on findings and other relevant outputs, complete all required case governance.
- Conduct multiple reactive and/or proactive development of complex intelligence cases using internally and externally gathered data.
- Provide excellent stakeholder engagement, enabling senior and key stakeholders to successfully discharge their responsibilities and accountabilities including under the Senior Management Regime.
- Assist in ensuring the outcomes from investigations and intelligence led activity are fed-back to the Strategic Intelligence hub within IDI, and embedded in the business and with other internal partners.
- Work closely with external partners where required in the development of intelligence and management of the Bank's position on specific cases identified and developed by the team.
- Fulfil all disclosure obligations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and Terrorism Act 2000, including assessing when a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) or Defence Against Money Laundering (DAML) is appropriate.
- Preparation of bespoke reports on sensitive cases.
- Maintain close contact with internal and external partners.
- Working closely with other investigation, intelligence and risk teams within the bank.
- Assist with ensuring the timely dissemination of intelligence to relevant parts of the bank.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Fluency in English language (written and verbal).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised and structured.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills both across teams, upwards throughout organisations (particularly those that operate complex matrices) and externally.
- Proven/demonstrable research and analytical expertise in Big Data analysis and investigations or other inquisitive activity. Experience of working with volume datasets, e.g. extracting, cleansing, running analysis/interrogation of data and ability to manipulate complex datasets to inform investigation strategies.
- Proven interest in the field of Financial Crime intelligence or investigations, with a desire to build a career in this area.
- Experience of managing issues across business units and jurisdictions.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment along with a sound understanding of the current environment and key issue within financial services.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Diploma level qualification or equivalent in Financial Crime.
- Experience of writing data scripts, e.g. VBA, SQL etc.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
+44 (0)20 7092 0233