- BBBH822194 Jul 13, 2022 £50k - £55k
Our client is a top tier engineering business with operations and projects based in Cardiff, Wales and the London and South East
This Health, Safety and Environmental Manager position is with a globally leading engineering company that are willing to invest heavily into the successful candidate to promote career and personal development. The role will be focusing on supporting the continual improvement of the HS&E systems, alongside other general duties.
Taking on this opportunity as Health, safety and environmental Manager would mean working for a leading global business. This is a key engineering company relied on by many industries and this Health, Safety and Environmental Manager role is critical to ongoing operation. Long-term opportunities to advance your career, skillset and education are open.
Launched in 2010 and having been so successful our client is looking to grow their team and expand further!
Responsibilities of a Health & Safety and Environment Manager:
- Review and develop all aspects of all venue Health and Safety Policies, procedures and processes.
- Keeping on top of ever-changing health and safety landscape to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, government guidance and regulatory protocols is maintained.
- Work closely with wider teams to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable departments and all sites to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Co-ordinate the monthly Health and Safety meeting
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Project manage, supervise, and coordinate the work of contractors
- Maintain and monitor a central record of all risk assessments.
The Ideal Health & Safety and Environment Manager candidate:
- Proven track record working as a Health & Safety Manager and Facilities background.
- Must have NEBOSH
- Previous experience in a multi-site environment
- A Recognised Engineering educational background
- Exceptional knowledge of H&S legislation and risk assessment.
- Must be confident and assertive yet calm when needed to succeed in a very past paced environment.
- IT Literate and have excellent communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
Location : Wales
Sector : Engineering
Salary : £50,000 - £55,000 pa inc benefits
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
(Office) +44 (0)1293 523 400 (Mobile) +44 (0)7943 657 648