- Jan 26, 2023
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognized tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking for a VP hire to join their Listed Derivatives Operations team. Reporting to the Head of Investment Banking Operations, you will lead and manage the Listed Derivatives Operations team in APAC which supports pre-trade, top day clearing, T+1 reconciliations and lifecycle events. You will also be the key contact person for all operational matters including projects, audits, control and regulatory initiatives.
Role and responsibilities
- Drive internal reviews to ensure controls and procedures are updated and fully compliant to all internal policies and external regulatory requirements
- Participate in the development and implementation of vendors systems, products, and markets. Implement processes and controls to comply to new rules and regulations
- Lead adhoc projects in support of Exchange, Industry, Business and Customer requirements pertaining to Listed Derivatives products and services
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Clearing Brokers, Exchanges, and System Vendors to ensure optimisation of straight through processing
- Partner with key internal stakeholders within Business units to support strategy and policies including new business initiatives
- Oversight of vendor arrangements ensuring performance review updates are meeting agreed KPIs
- Manage regional team to be vigilant on payment controls and ensure compliance and escalations to key stakeholders on all client money rule matters
- Accountable for ensuring all regional regulatory reports are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and all reporting polices are adhered and attested
- Act as an escalation contact for reconciliations across intersystem and nostro breaks and be accountable for resolution.
- Provide meaningful MIS and updates to Global Listed Derivatives Operations and Business stakeholders
- Attend, contribute, or host regional and global meetings with key stakeholders in Control, Business, Technology, Change, Compliance functions.
- Ensure resiliency plans are implemented across teams and are robust to ensure continuity of business in case of an event
- Partner with control teams on escalations for operational incidents and ensure that policies and service level agreements are met.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Listed Derivatives Operations within the Financial Services industry
- Experience in various operational functions which may include pre-trade management, trade processing, reconciliations, settlements, client services, and expiration/deliveries
- Experience in process and system design analysis, automation/digitization projects, and project management
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and lead a regional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience in people management and career development
- Capacity to take full ownership of tasks whilst displaying a mature and confident approach with all stakeholders
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932