- JN -082023-1945162
- Aug 18, 2023
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a leading bank currently looking for a 12 months contractor to join their team.
- Be responsible for end-to-end processing of trade finance transactions (Import and Export), Trade Loan, Risk Participations and Standby LC/bank guarantees.
- Responsible to handle L/C Issuance, Inward and Outward Collection, Collection Bill purchased, Transfer LC, Export LC Advising, LC Negotiation, LC confirmation, Export LC bills discounting, Bank reimbursement and etc.
- Review and check workability of LC for confirmation to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable and workable.
- Review text/formats for bank guarantees to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable.
- Handle all settlements/preparation of all payments, disbursements of proceeds (MT103/MT202) independently.
- Perform compliance and other checks on trade transactions in line with Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Regulations and other internal policies.
- Liaise and collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth facilitation of transactions.
- Attends to clients' inquiries, and to observe all related applications and documents presented by clients are in accordance with the Bank's Policy.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree/Diploma with major in Business, Banking/Finance or Law or Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in Trade Finance operations within the banking industry especially in checking and processing documentary trade transactions.
- Knowledge of UCP rules, ISP 98, ISBP 745, URDG, URC, URR rules and Incoterms rules. Candidate with CDCS qualification will have an added advantage.
- Able to perform document checking.
- Candidates with good knowledge of controls pertaining to AML/CFT and other regulatory requirements.
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Has enthusiasm to learn new skills.
- Analytical, meticulous, willingness to handle regional trade finance processing and able to perform under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R21101982
Registration Name: Fabian Leow
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted