M3S is working exclusively with a large-scale IT end user in Singapore, we are looking for an experienced and talented Database Engineer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Database Engineer to manage the database administration function and leads the organisation's database projects, environments and systems. You will be setting goals and priorities for team members as well as providing technical leadership and mentorship. You will plan and oversee database upgrades, migrations and ensure systems are up to date with the latest patches and are coherent across the organisation. You will also direct the development and maintenance of technical documentation as well as training of users, as and when required.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership and communication abilities. We are looking for someone who is able to set realistic goals and implement appropriate plans to guide the team toward achieving those goals. You must also be able to address multi-faceted issues effectively and in a collaborative manner including across departments.
Set Database Administration Processes
* Align database administration with overall strategic business strategy
* Develop database infrastructure to support the long-term strategy for data storage
* Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
* Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues for data protection
* Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data security and integrity
Develop New Databases
* Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for database administration
* Define database requirements for new technology implementations
* Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements
* Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the databases
Optimise Database Performance
* Oversee the design of new databases to improve performance
* Analyse performance of databases to spot opportunities for optimisation
* Advise the business on database administration related issues
* Partner with data engineering team to advise on database capabilities
* Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
* Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
* Define common goals, direction, and accountability among staff
* Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Requirements / Qualifications
Please click "Apply Now" should you be interested to proceed with the job application.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R21101028
EAP Name: GODWIN COLIN THOMPSON