M3S is working exclusively with a large-scale IT end user in Singapore, we are looking for a Proficient Senior Data Engineer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to manage the organisation's database administration function as well as lead the organisation's database projects, environments and systems. You will be in charge of planning and overseeing database upgrades and data migrations as well as ensuring systems are up to date with the latest patches that must be coherent across the organisation. You will be directing the development and maintenance of technical documentation as well as training of users when required. You will also be tasked to provide technical leadership and mentorship which includes setting goals and allocation of resources.
The perfect candidate must possess strong leadership and communication skills, someone who is able to set realistic goals and implement appropriate plans to guide the team toward achieving those goals. As well as being able to address multi-faceted issues effectively and in a collaborative manner including across departments.
Set Database Administration Processes
* Align database administration with overall strategic business strategy
* Develop database infrastructure to support the long-term strategy for data storage
* Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit
analyses for spending and initiatives
* Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues for
* Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data security and integrity
Develop New Databases
* Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for database administration
* Define database requirements for new technology implementations
* Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements
* Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the databases
Optimise Database Performance
* Oversee the design of new databases to improve performance
* Analyse performance of databases to spot opportunities for optimisation
* Advise the business on database administration related issues
* Partner with data engineering team to advise on database capabilities
* Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
* Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
* Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
* Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Please click "Apply Now" should you be interested to proceed with the job application.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R21101028
EAP Name: GODWIN COLIN THOMPSON