- BBBH780302 Apr 20, 2021 Competitive
My client, a leading and reputable distribution and retail firm is looking for a Legal Counsel for a Regional Coverage.
Legal Counsel (Contract - Highly extendable/convertible)
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a reputable and internationally known organization leading its way in the distribution and retail world.
My client is seeking an individual to join their team as Legal Counsel for Asia to be primarily responsible for legal and compliance support to their Regional business, which is timely, practical, and commercially astute. This role is for a 12 months contract with a potential extension/conversion and will report to Head of Legal - Asia.
Primary responsibilities of the Legal Counsel - Asia include:
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts (including but not limited to supplier agreements, customer contracts, NDAs), tender documents and other legal documentation as required;
- Cross department working with finance, marketing, procurement, IT, commercial and customer support teams. Providing pro-active and effective legal advice and management of legal risks;
- Pro-actively managing customer and debtor disputes of a legal nature, (good working knowledge of obligations under Singaporean Lemon laws would be advantageous);
- Support delivery of legal and compliance agenda, including training to staff;
- Identify and report on proposed legal changes that impact Inchcape Asia's operations;
- Support in briefing and managing external legal counsel on matters requiring specialist legal skills (e.g. litigation, real property);
- Good working knowledge of data privacy legislation including but not limited to PDPA (Singapore) and/or PDPO (Hong Kong) to support in drafting, review and general advisory work related to data privacy matters; and
- Some experience in M&A activity would be advantageous
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- Commercial lawyer (2-4 year PQE) qualified in Hong Kong or Singapore with prior in-house experience with experience to perform the responsibilities described above
- Current Practising Certificate
- Team player, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work towards deadlines
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.
+65 6818 3174