M3S is looking for a Medical Devices Integration Engineer for our client who is a healthcare technology implementation provider.
Job Role: Manager - Medical Device and Operational Technology
Position Summary / Project Description
The Systems Engineer (SE) will report to the Medical Device and Operation Technology (MDOT) lead. The successful Candidate will support the MDOT personnel in aligning IT systems initiatives and ensure compliance with prevailing security policies and standards. The SE will also track and provide regular reporting to management on MDOT system matters, including incidents, changes, non-compliance with policies and standards, and results of internal audits or security tests.
Role and Responsibilities
The SE supports and maintains infrastructure operations, monitors infrastructure performance and resolution of technical problems.
* Leads high impact projects, prioritises and assigns tasks to ensure that team's resources are used effectively and that MDOT projects are implemented in accordance with plans and budgets.
* Identify and resolve highly complex or specialised issues that may require the establishment of new techniques and processes. Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues, recommending improvements.
* Review medical device and operational technology systems specifications for suitability to meet MDOT standards and policies within the environment.
* Assist with the planning and design of infrastructure systems.
* Perform infrastructure operations activities such as installations of infrastructure systems according to design specifications.
* Perform activities related to ongoing maintenance of infrastructure and assist with the implementation of agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines.
* Perform ongoing tuning and optimisation of infrastructure hardware and software components such as updates and upgrades, hardening and systems improvements.
* Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting.
* Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes.
* Resolve incidents, perform problem/issue identification and resolution and assist with simulation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems or repeat incidents.
* Review RFP proposal compliance with RFP systems requirements.
* Evaluate risks related to third-party vendor and products and identify mitigating measures.
* Perform independent assessments of the controls implemented within the MD&OT systems to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
* Establish/Improve procedures and processes necessary to ensure compliance to enterprise wide IT and MDOT policy and standards.
* Maintain an appropriate level of awareness within the BME and OT community to keep them apprised of threats, opportunities and appropriate actions to be taken.
* Carrying out compliance checks for new MD&OT projects/systems and its impact to the risk profile of the Institutions.
* Recommend compensating controls for deviations from IT/MD&OT security policies and standards.
* Implement new solutions to address gaps or improve security posture for the organization, or to meet new compliance requirements.
* Monitor for emerging threats and advise stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
Requirements / Qualifications
Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent.
* Working experience in medical devices OR operational technology, IOT and embedded systems.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage stakeholders.
* Applies a critical and analytical approach to resolving technical problems.
* At least 5-8 years of IT systems experience in the area of IT systems (servers and network) infrastructure design and operations.
* Candidates with Server and Network certifications would have an advantage.
* Professional systems certification is preferable, such as MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP or equivalent.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direction
* Good written and communication skills.