- BBBH783809 Jun 01, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with an established Global Bank who is well known for their Corporate and Investment Banking services in the APAC region.
The Singapore team is looking for a Senior Manager to join their Chief Operating Office department. You will work closely with the Regional COO to provide regional leadership and entity governance, as well as looking at strategic planning and business processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting of APAC Executive Committee, Operating Committee, and APAC Risk and Control Committee updates on behalf of the Regional COO
- Oversight on issues assigned to COO, including initial challenge on ownership, ensuring Corrective Actions are designed and owned appropriately to meet required remediation and ongoing oversight
- Tracking of assigned headcount and co-ordinating with talent acquisition on new hire approvals
- Tracking of broader regional headcount and co-ordinating with Finance and HR on tracking and financial projections
- Cost management activities, including; review of central COO AU activity ahead of GL attestations and CIB finance forecasting requirements for the COO function
- Cost allocation methodology for COO and Regional Management costs
- Working closely with the Cost & Efficiency Programme Director on the cost & efficiency strategy for COO function, including the co-ordination of COO led cost saving initiatives that may be identified during the design phase
- Corporate and Regional Governance management and coordination: Regional Executive Committee, Regional Operating Committee, Regional New Initiatives Committee
- For regional Legal Entities: Outsourcing (inter-affiliate and third party), Branch Management Committees and support and Representative Office Governance, Resolution Planning
- More than 10 years of experience in similar leadership role, preferably on a regional capacity
- Prior experience in leading large and complex multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep knowledge of, and working experience dealing with regulatory rules and oversight in each key strategic market in APAC region.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrixed environment and navigate effectively across all levels of the organization including developing strong working relationships with Regional Leadership and other senior executives
- Exhibit proven success in working across multiple stakeholders to set strategy, construct a business case and plan execution of large-scale, multi-group initiatives
- Exhibit an enthusiastic leadership style, driven and results oriented; comfortable working in a partnering environment and sometimes being the leader behind the scenes orchestrating the process.
- Proven ability to successfully execute initiatives, manage projects, and drive for results.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; must be able to effectively communicate and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932
+65 6818 3140