Data Center Engineer (Contract)
- BBBH767103 Nov 18, 2020 S$5-9k pm
Our client is a top Global Bank providing an excellent variety of solutions to their customer base. They are looking to grow their team and are looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer to join
Our client is a top Global Bank providing an excellent variety of solutions to their customer base. They are looking to grow their team and are looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer to join them.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Gather hardware requirements (model, delivery dates etc.) from various IT teams and business units.
- Build up rack matrix / elevations based on the requirement from different silos.
- Co-ordinate with the Data Center vendors for the buildout of the DC space with respect to the Racks, Cabling installation.
- Centralize all installation requests for different IT Teams. Raising Change Management request.
- Work closely with different IT third party vendors for equipment delivery. Raise access request to service providers.
- Physical rack and stacking of IT equipment (e.g. power connections, patching, configuration)
- Document and update equipment inventory management system and rack elevations.
- Coordinate and supervise installation of cabling contractor, witness any cabling testing onsite testing with external vendors
- Centralize all decommission requests for different IT silos. Raising change management request.
- Data Centre Power-down management
- Equipment Disposal : obtain all hardware equipment to be decommissioned from all teams, and work with various business units and approved vendors
- Morning/End Of Day checks of hardware physical inspection, and email status report
- Vendor Coordination to arrange onsite access and escort for vendors should it be required for break-fix, installation or any project works
- Backup Tapes Management where you will be work closely with storage team to manage onsite tapes (stock management, replace ejected tapes, cleaning tapes management, etc), arrange tapes to be transported offsite, recall tapes from offsite for restoration
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of server installation procedures
- Solid understanding of data center infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc).
- Good understanding of IT Hardware: Cable (UTP/fiber) patchings and testing technique
- Solid organizing and planning skills, with ability to support multiple projects and multiple end-user communities simultaneously
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789
Consultant | IT Contract & Interim Solutions Recruitment
+65 6818 3138