- Nov 21, 2022
Morgan McKinley Talent Solutions is searching for talented Cloud / Data Centre Engineers on behalf of a large scale technology company.
Job Role: Cloud System Engineer (Data Centre)
Department: Cloud Enablement Services (CES)
Years of Experience
At least 1-2 years' experience in developing, implementing and maintaining IT systems
Position Summary / Project Description
To support CES DE Team for 12 hours shift and system daily operations for L1,Patching monthly maintainence,new VM Provisioning tasks
Role and Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer undertakes complex projects related to systems provisioning, installations, configurations as well as monitoring and maintenance. The Engineer applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in systems administration and works toward continuous optimisation of systems performance. The Engineer implements systems improvements and instructs other IT staff in the resolution of complex issues. The Engineer is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Engineer is able to quickly and effectively solve issues as they arise. The Engineer is able to methodically identify the cause of the issue, evaluate it and develop a solution in collaboration with the team. The Engineer communicates effectively and displays high level of service standards.
Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
* Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
* Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
* Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
* Determine the systems' short- and long-term requirements
* Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities
* Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities
* Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
* Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
* Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems
* Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
* Design security and integrity controls
* Conduct new systems testing and implementation
* Define the system maintenance procedures
* Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
* Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance
* Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
* Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
* Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
* Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
* Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
* Investigate cause of systems issues
* Resolve complex issues
* Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
Requirements / Qualifications
· Experience in data centre operations supporting Wintel system and network technology. Solid experience in server virtualization technology like VMWare and familiar Cisco technology is added advantage.
· Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
· Experience in healthcare applications preferred.
· Certification in MCSE preferred. Possession of ITSM knowledge will be added advantage.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
· This position will be required to work in 24x7 shift or any other working hour deem fit by the team management.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd EA Licence No: 11C5502 | EAP Registration No: R2090074