- Nov 23, 2022
The candidate's primary responsibility will be to have the technical expertise to provide full end to end support of Linux and Hardware.
Role: Senior Linux Engineer
- Break/Fix OS and HW support, supporting and managing the Linux OS (RHEL/SUSE) and x86 hardware infrastructure servers (HP and UCS) as well as virtual servers implemented on ESXi, troubleshooting failures and coordinating resolution efforts to provide speedy and effective relief to our business partners.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, working with a highly skilled team in support of critical business environments.
- Identifying root causes and helping formulate and implement remediation plans consistent with team objectives and client requirements.
- Research/analyze complex issues independently, provide expert guidance, solicit vendor and engineering recommendations and work with implementation teams on remediation.
- Follow and champion change management procedures. ensure proper testing, sign-off, monitoring.
- Identify opportunities for automation, develop, test and promote automation payloads.
- When opportunities present, join projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment.
- Influence project direction via cross-team collaboration and consulting, foreseeing operational issues and gaps, and proposing solutions.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to improve production environment stability, ensuring timely and effective communication of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution.
- Present meaningful metrics to support discussions about environmental performance.
- Participate in testing disaster recovery plans.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as SME/expert Linux/UNIX infrastructure administration in an enterprise environment
- Experience as SME/Expert Redhat OS (RHEL 6,7,8) system administration and support.
- Hands-on experience with SUSE Linux OS
- Clustering Technologies (GFS2, GPFS, PCS and Veritas)
- Cloud and virtual technologies (VMWare ESX/vCenter, HMC)
- Automation/shell scripting (HPSA/DCA, Ansible, Rundeck, VRA/VRO, Salt, python, perl, bash, Ruby, JSON)
- Networking fundamentals and strong network troubleshooting skills / OS side.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days kindly accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
EA Licence No: 11C5502 | EAP Registration No.: R22104910