- JN -082023-1946073
- Aug 29, 2023
- S$5-9k pm
This is an exciting opportunity as a Data Engineer for the Data Analytics and AI team to develop a new cloud data platform.
Job Role Description
The Data Engineer supports the implementation of data structure and architecture, master/meta-data management approach and data quality programme to facilitate access to data and information. They will support the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems that support the collection, storage, batch and real-time processing, and analysis of information from structured and unstructured sources in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner on on-premise or commercial cloud.
- Work with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility
- Support translation of data business needs into technical system requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvements and optimisation
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Develop tools to improve data flows between internal/external systems and the data lake/warehouse
- Build robust and reproducible data ingest pipelines to collect, clean, harmonise, merge and consolidate data sources
- Design and build API gateways to expose data to systems via secure means
- Integrate and collate data sources with data systems, with compliance to data security and organisational governance standards
- Implement critical data infrastructure on cloud including AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, Workspaces
- Contribute to defining data retention policies
- Degree, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years' experience in an IT Infrastructure / Operations Role
- Experience with:
- Cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS)
- Operating system administration and related services (Windows Server, Linux)
- Infrastructure-as-code and cloud automation (APIs, Cloudformation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- DevOps development and platform support (Docker, Container Services)
- Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell)
- Networking experience and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, DHCP)
- The ability to work towards strict and conflicting deadlines, be able to plan and prioritise in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills, a detail-oriented & flexible person who can work across different areas within the team.
- A good understanding of Singapore Healthcare System.
- Familiarity or experience with health informatics would be preferred.
- An understanding of healthcare data governance, data acquisition and data management would be an advantage.
- Experience in interacting with analytics stakeholders (economists, statisticians, clinicians, policy makers) on a business or domain level would be preferred
Please click 'Apply Now' should you be interested to proceed with the job application.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EAP Registration No: R22109486
EAP Name: YU CIET XIA