- JN -102023-1949259
- Oct 31, 2023
- £60k - £65k
Morgan McKinley is supporting a growing, ambitious, driven organisation who have a solid foundation for success based in Wantage, 30minutes from oxford centre by bus, but offer plenty of free onsite p
Morgan McKinley is supporting a growing, ambitious, driven organisation who have a solid foundation for success based in Wantage, 30minutes from oxford centre by bus, but offer plenty of free onsite parking for those that drive. You will ideally live within an hour's commute to the business.
Out client is looking to hire 2 x Finance Business Partners to help focus on their new product development. Due to the fast-paced nature of the business this role is onsite full time, offering flexibility on start and finish times.
We at Morgan McKinley are looking for a people-focused and commercially minded Finance Business Partners who have worked in manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive, motorsport. marketing or other similar complex industries before.
This role will be responsible for supporting the commercial objectives of the organisation and supporting whilst working closely with key stakeholders and Directors to provide analysis, insight and support for decision making. You will Support, influence and challenge business unit managers, directors and C-suite as a trusted collaborator.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the preparation and review of budgets, rolling forecasts and business cases including capex investment appraisals and post investment reviews
- Support managers with budget compliance and hold regular finance reviews with department managers analysing the budgets
- Identify financial opportunities and risks by integrating into the areas of responsibility and having a good understanding of the strategic objectives, people and processes in these areas
- Maximise the value of spend and return on investment
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to drive improvements and support stakeholder initiatives
- Support new business and customer proposals as required
- Support Procurement with supplier selection and contract negotiations
- Provide training and support to stakeholders to enhance their financial acumen and understanding
- Provide meaningful financial reporting specifications for areas of responsibility and support with stakeholder understanding of these reports
- Identify and track KPIs to measure performance and identify areas for improvement
- Review month end P&Ls for completeness, posting judgemental accruals where necessary and providing commentary for variances against forecast
- Track capex and other approved projects providing monthly financial commentary
- Support strategic change in assigned Functions
- Drive continuous process improvement within Finance to improve quality of data, controls and efficiencies
- Identify opportunities to drive improvement in reporting and other metrics
What you will need:
- Ideally 2 year's experience in a business partnering role
- A ideally circa 5 years' experience within a finance role
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across different departments in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity and transparency
- Experience working under pressure and managing competing demands
- Able to provide examples where the status quo has been challenged and the positive impact or outcome on the business
- Ownership for identifying and providing solutions for financial issues
- Able to demonstrate examples of leading on revenue optimisation or cost reduction initiatives and their success
- Enjoys working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Willingness to use latest business intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI) to interrogate data, problem solve and provide recommendations
- Tenacious, reliable and flexible attitude to work
What you will get:
- Up to £65k base
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
- A subsidised restaurant on site
- Various car schemes
- Free on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, Pilates and yoga
- and much more
Please note the client is unable to support Visa sponsorship at this time, all applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Recruitment Manager