Our client, is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week.
They currently has more than 300,000 active subscribers and over 4,000 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
As a Senior Front-End Developer you will be responsible for building features in a cross-collaborative team for the best ecommerce shopping platform allowing customers to shop for groceries in more ways and receive them when and how they want it.
● Build quality code using modern tooling, testing frameworks and programming patterns.
● Ability to transform business requirements and research into a world-class solution that meets performance goals and brand guidelines in a fast-paced environment.
● Assess and measure performance of systems and come up with suggestions for improvements
● Work closely with Product, UX, Analytics and other developers to build the best product and solution possible
● Work closely with back-end developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated end product
● Participate in regularly scheduled team ceremonies and meetings with the project team to understand requirements, suggest product improvements, explain code design, provide estimates, describe work progress and identify risks.
● Work with the team to implement process improvements.
● Conduct design, code reviews and provide mentorship to others.
● Stay up-to-date with front end technology and web standards
● 7+ years of working experience in software development
● Deep knowledge of programming best practices, software design patterns and industry standards like SOLID principles.
● Good understanding of Web Accessibility concerns and familiarity with accessibility standards such as AODA, WCAG AAA, etc.
● Recent experience with either React/VueJs/Angular and frontend tooling such as webpack/babel.
● Working experience with PHP templating engines such as Blade, Twig, Moustache, etc.
● Full stack experience is an asset: API design, scalability, database design
● Experience working with third party tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hot Jar, Chat Agents, etc.
● Ability to create testable code and maintain and update the testing suite as required using tooling such as Cypress, Jest, Storybook, etc.
● Strong verbal skills and ability to explain and present ideas clearly to different business groups
● Good understanding of engineering for the web, http, server api, content delivery networks and caching
● CSS tooling experience using LESS, SASS and/or a framework similar to TailwindCSS
● E-commerce experience is an asset
● Backend experience with PHP, GraphQL, MySQL is preferred