Settlements Associate - Part time
City of London
- BBBH811247 Mar 28, 2022 Competitive
An Investment Bank is looking to hire a Settlements Associate to join their Operations Department on Part Time basis. Remote working is offered.
- Ensure all Bond trades settle on a timely basis within Euroclear market; including Asia, European, US markets as directed by Line Manager. Primary focus will be Euroclear market.
- Liaise with counterparties/clients to resolve all trade settlement issues
- Escalate any settlement issues to the correct distributions immediately keeping relevant departments in the loop
- Support the Line Manager to ensure timely matching, fail mitigation, and post trade issue resolution.
- Carry out reconciliation investigation on all relevant breaking items with a one-day deadline, this includes both Stock and Cash breaks-ensuring the correct escalation process is followed.
- Liaise with Cash Management and traders to resolve failed trades, bond borrow issues and general operational risk.
- Liaise with Treasury department for any overnight repos as and when required.
- Coverage for Domestic markets / Euroclear as required to support settlements on early shift starting 8:00.
- Operate within defined process controls and procedures proactively seeking out any risks, escalating and providing ideas to remediate.
- Cross train within Cross Product Services department as directed by Line Management.
- Solid experience within Investment Banking Operations.
- Extensive coverage of standard operational tasks.
- Minimum 3 years experience of settlements
- Reconciliations experience.
- Expert understanding of securities markets, their deadlines and challenges from settlements perspective.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
+44 (0)20 7092 0219