Legal Counsel - Commercial Contracts
City of London
- BBBH768016 Oct 14, 2020 Competitive
Legal Counsel, Commercial Contracts - 9-12 Month Maternity Cover Contract
To provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice to the business.
- Liaising with business unit Board to manage workload and expectations.
- To supervise and manage junior solicitor(s).
- To draft and negotiate customer and supplier contracts.
- To draft and negotiate business partner, distributor and sales agency agreements.
- To advise on Intellectual Property matters.
- To update precedent contracts and terms and conditions as and when required.
- To proof read and approve marketing and sales materials.
- To project manage matters relating to a contract, for example, ensuring Service descriptions, Service Levels, Charges, and other commercial, financial and operational matters have been approved by the relevant person in the business, such that obtaining those approvals does not delay signature of a contract or result in the business having to accept any onerous terms;
- To advise the business on the interpretation of commercial contracts.
- Researching points of law.
- Keeping up to date with changes in relevant law.
- To manage instructed solicitors and counsel where required.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet
The suitable candidate MUST HAVE commercial contracts experience - in particular focussed on;- NDAs, novation agrrements, supplier terms, customer terms etc.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Head of Compliance & Legal Temporary Recruitment
+44 20 7092 0233