Head of Tax, Financial Institution
City of London
- BBBH772071 Dec 21, 2020 £60k - £80k
This instantly recognisable financial institution is recruiting for a Head of Tax. The role holder will primarily be responsible for the management and oversight of the Bank's direct and indirect tax
This instantly recognisable financial institution is recruiting for a Head of Tax. The role holder will primarily be responsible for the management and oversight of the Bank's direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting obligations. They will own the relationship with HMRC as well as providing the first point of contact in tax for other key internal and external stakeholders. In addition they will be responsible for providing the business with ad hoc tax advice and the implementation of tax policy and tax strategy where required.
Responsibilties will include:
- Oversight of the preparation of UK corporation tax computations and returns, monthly VAT returns and year-end tax reporting.
- Oversight of overseas tax reporting requirements
- Provide advice on ad hoc indirect taxation and employment taxation issues to ensure correct advice and guidance is provided
- Ensuring the Bank complies with requirements of the Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) regime where appropriate, through the development of tax assurance maps across the organisation.
- Responsible for day to day management of the two team members and for defining their roles and responsibilities. The role is required to review work, recognise training opportunities, and offer knowledge and support to develop team member performance.
- Setting the tax strategy and engaging with senior stakeholders to ensure that the Tax Control Framework is optimised and understood.
- Promotion of a tax awareness culture and ensuring that the tax impact of changes to legislation or operational structure are properly understood and taken into account.
- Assisting with the implementation of a new general ledger and new reconciliations system as part of a significant transformation of IT and Central Services operating model in 2021.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with practical post-qualification experience in the UK tax system. They will need to have a good breadth of tax experience across direct and indirect taxes ideally, and the willingness to get involved in the more hands-on aspects of the role (eg. extracting financial information from ledgers). The candidate will need strong communication and leadership skills as they will be the most senior person in the tax team and will be required to interact with senior stakeholders across the bank.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Tax
+44 20 7092 0030