Global investment bank seeks a VP level Credit Analyst to cover a portfolio of financial institutions including banks and insurance companies.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) determines risk appetite, approves and manages credit and counterparty risks on an industry, client, geography and transaction basis. CRM team assigns Internal Credit Ratings to our client base; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Bank is seeking a risk professional to join the Counterparty Credit Risk team covering financial institutions (banks and insurance companies) and associated management of credit risk in traded products.
* Senior coverage role in credit risk management for financial institutions with experience in derivatives as well as setting and monitoring credit risk appetite
* Analysis, review, challenge and approval (as appropriate) of credit risk arising from derivative transactions
* Senior point of contact within the team for a specific traded product, for example interest rate derivatives, including regular interaction with business unit representatives, representation at product committees and ownership of product-related enhancements / deliverables
* Monitor and analyze credit risk sensitivities in the Financial Institutions portfolio
* Understand how macroeconomic and market events impact our portfolio and counterparty credit quality
* Liaise as necessary with other functional groups including operations, market risk, risk reporting, regulatory, controllers and capital groups
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Quantitative Finance or another quantitative discipline
* Strong analytical and quantitative background
* Strong understanding of financial risks in traded products and the credit approval process. The candidate should be familiar with assessing the credit risk in derivative and secured financing transactions as well as the legal agreements covering these transactions
* The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both written and verbally
* The ability to work independently in a self-directed way in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
* Strong organisation skills, with an interest in working in a fast-paced environment, often
balancing multiple high priority deliverables
* Strong attention to detail and ability to provide information in usable formats (good working
knowledge of SQL and VBA; proficiency in Microsoft office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Experience in Credit or Market Risk Management, Financial Modelling or related risk functions
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.