- BBBH787173 Jul 22, 2021 €20 - €25 ph
If you would like PCR lab experience with a competitive salary and a 6 month contract, please see the job description below.
The PCR Laboratory Technician will be primarily responsible for processing samples for human diagnostic testing within the lab. The technician would preferably hold experience with RT-PCR data analytical tools, LIMS interaction, ISO accreditation standards and have a clear understanding of associated molecular biology laboratory techniques and technologies.
Previous experience utilising robotic liquid handlers is beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare samples for loading onto liquid handling robots.
- Operate numerous robotic instrumentations, namely PerkinElmers Janus G3, MDT and Chemagic c360's.
- Perform PCR's at high throughput.
- Communicate colleagues in a professional manner.
- Must drive.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific subject - preferably molecular biology and genetics related.
- Proven success in a molecular biology laboratory, preferentially operating under ISO accreditation.
- Experience utilizing genetic analysis tools within a commercial service environment would be a strong preference.
- An ability to plan tasks, schedule and prioritise workloads is important.
- A clear understanding of fundamental PCR concepts, and experience within PCR technologies and analysis techniques is favourable.
- Excellent listening and communication, together with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with colleagues.
- Strong IT and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive team player with the ability to work at a fast pace.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
353 (0) 1 6652222