Senior Global Logistics Manager
- BBBH773257 Jan 13, 2021 Competitive
An excellent opportunity to join a leading Global Medical device manufacturer and lead the logistics function for a globally important product range.
Our Global Medical Device client based in Galway has seen a large headcount increase over the last 12 months, driven by their market leading product range.
They now have a requirement for a Global Logistics Manger to join a highly accomplished team.
The successful Senior Logistics Manager will lead the global logistics operations and execution for warehousing and transportation modes, while also leading the development and delivery of savings driven by efficiencies and other value creation opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Logistics strategy and execution with primary emphasis on global transportation
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations as measured by KPIs.
- Leads strategic sourcing process including quantitative data driven analysis, marketplace benchmarking, developing comprehensive feedback to influence and drive desired outcome resulting in division value.
- Builds contingency plans to accommodate logistics delays
- Builds and develops strategic supplier relationships in order to influence and deliver results for key division initiatives and operational outcomes especially during times of urgent customer demands
- Delivers annual logistics savings goal aligned with BUs through identification, development and execution of savings, efficiency opportunities, cost avoidance etc. Leads contingency plan development in the event a gap to goal is identified.
- Lead for division supply chain operations leaders collaborating to resolve operational issues with providers
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Supply Chain or Business
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience in logistics or other related supply chain field.
- Emphasis in transportation freight forwarding and over-the-road transportation modes
- Strategic sourcing experience including negotiation leadership to drive efficiency, value and savings
- Mastery of excel including proficiency in excel macros. Complex excel analysis required.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts a plus.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain, Planning & Procurement Recruitment