Underwriting Governance Specialist
- BBBH774357 Mar 30, 2021 Competitive
Underwriting Governance Specialist | Dublin South There is an exciting opportunity for a Governance Specialist to join a newly created team in a well-known insurance company in Dublin.
The Underwriting Governance Specialist will have the opportunity to work across a number of business lines (commercial and retail) in a fast pace environment. The Underwriting Governance Specialist role is hugely varied on a daily basis and would suit an individual with strong risk and governance experience.
This highly reputable insurance company have a strong presence globally, providing a huge amount of exposure in this role. Working as part of a newly created team provides huge opportunity to learn and be a part of the decision-making process from the start.
The insurance company offer an excellent salary and package along with flexible working arrangements.
- Provide assurance within the underwriting business, ensuring adherence to all policies, procedures and frameworks
- Carry out risk based assessments, identification and monitoring tasks across the department
- Participate in ongoing reviews
- Work on the implementation of the strategy in line with the overall underwriting strategy
- Support in the development of both central and local governance processes and practices through both analysis and advise
- Review underwriting quality outcomes and provides analysis s appropriate
- Provide support from a regulatory compliance perspective
- Assist with the delivery of the Underwriting Assurance Plan process
- Participate in reviews
- Effective monitoring of activity and provide recommendation for remedial action/change where required (correct use of rating tools, maintenance of underwriting authorities etc.)
- Active participation and contribution to the development, maintenance and implementation of governance tools and quality control review processes
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or insurance qualifications
- Previous experience working in a governance/risk environment or role within insurance
- Strong commercial underwriting background
- Excellent insurance knowledge and experience across a number of business lines (commercial and retail)
- Experience working internationally would be an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 1 4485601