- Jan 26, 2024
Siemens Healthineers are seeking an experienced HR Manager to join their team. This role is based in Swords, Dublin.
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66 ,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team - this is a key, strategic role in the Swords site. This individual will help set the strategic vision and culture of the site, mentoring and coaching the senior team to cultivate a high-performance mindset, whilst working collaboratively across multiple departments and other businesses.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, we are seeking an individual who takes the initiative and has a track record in leading change.
An ability to provide direction on all aspects of human resources such as business practices, employment, employee relations, organisational and personal development, succession planning, strategic business direction and mentoring & coaching. The Senior HR manager will possess deep insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise. They will play a key role in orchestrating and facilitating changes to organisational culture, design and structure. They will anticipate changing trends in the employer / employee market and implement best practice programs.
They will have to work closely and build strong relationships with the site management team, wider UK & Ireland HR functions, local government agencies / bodies and external contractors.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for:
- Strategic Delivery
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to set the pace / culture / direction of the Swords site.
- Network globally within Siemens Healthineers to both promote the site but also learn best practices and implement where possible.
- Cultivate a culture of high-performance coaching and succession planning throughout the organization.
- HR Delivery
- Understand business and its strategy, be an active part of the decision-making process across all areas of the organizational unit (production / engineering / quality functions, etc)
- Understand the external world and its implications on the business and people strategy (industries, markets, customers, HR, people practices etc.) - "bring the outside in''
- Ability to lead HR change initiatives and contribute to business change activities.
- Lead and empower a team to manage HR functions on site.
- Engage with HR COEs in Zone, Region and HQ as well as back-office HR support services to ensure effective HR Operations.
- Support local talent acquisition program.
- Manage site relationships, particularly union.
- Develop succession planning roadmaps and a talent pipeline.
- Support the delivery of optimum training and development plans for the team.
- Ensure implementation of Global HR strategy in alignment with local needs.
- Enable local business to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline.
- Analytical ability to work through complex issues.
Required for the success of this role
- An individual that takes the initiative and is eager and passionate in leading and managing people in fast paced environment.
- Experienced in working closely and collaboratively with unions.
- Excellent negotiation skills required.
- Ability to influence at a Senior Management level.
- Working knowledge of the Irish HR landscape.
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility in delivering effective solutions.
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment.
- An ability to flex style and engage / work across the business at all levels.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required.
- Third level degree qualification in a relevant discipline.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working in a Senior HR Management role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.