- Jan 23, 2024
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Indirect Buyer / Contracts Specialist to join an expanding team in Siemens Healthineers.
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as the Indirect spend Buyer. The role is based at our manufacturing site in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland. You will work as part of the Procurement team, supporting all functions on site.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As the Indirect spend Buyer you will:
- Responsible for competitive indirect materials spend on the site.
- Manage tenders, RFPs, RFQs and negotiations for indirect spend projects and general site expenses (facilities, services, consumables, freight).
- Commercial support for infrastructure, CAPEX and other major indirect spend. Negotiations, commercial terms, and contracts.
- Ensure that the indirect procurement process is user friendly, effective, efficient, and compliant. Maintain relative purchasing and compliance data in SAP or SharePoint systems.
- Participate in continuous improvement and cost reduction projects across supply chain.
- Regular reviews, KPIs and QBRs for the major indirect spend suppliers.
- Contracts compliance for the site.
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and the description below sounds like you!
- Team player, capable of building strong and influential relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of Procurement tools, processes, methods and reports.
- Planning and analytical skills, ability to collate and analyse data for decision making.
- Problem solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Capable of negotiating with and influencing suppliers to deliver business results.
- Excellent oral communications, business writing skills and presentation skills.
- Self-directing, goal oriented and able to prioritise workloads.
Requirements to succeed in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Logistics, Law, Supply Chain Management, or a related discipline (QQI level 8).
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience within Procurement.
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts and tenders for the supply of indirect materials, services, or standalone projects.
- Experience in Supplier performance management.
- Strong analytical capability to drive improvement projects.
- Ability to interact with and influence suppliers at a senior management level, to manage escalations.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.