Dublin City Centre
- BBBH812614 Apr 10, 2022 €30k - €40k
Payroll Administrator | Permanent | Hybrid working | Flexi- Time | Bonus | Pension | Dublin City Centre | Excellent Opportunity
Exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join a growing team in the heart of Dublin. The Payroll Administrator will be required to support the payroll team in processing client's payroll as well as all associated administrative tasks. The Payroll Administrator will support and work with less and more experienced colleagues ensuring an efficient, professional, and high-quality service is provided to the client.
- Bonus, Pension
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate, complete, and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly, and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required and payments to employees.
- Responsible for meeting the indicated deadlines for each allocated client task.
- Performing tasks in compliance with company policies relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle.
- Performing basic tasks in compliance with employment legislation, data protection and control risk within payroll function.
- Uses payroll software effectively
- Maintains relevant databases, client records and other tracking tools as required
- Performing basic tasks to support payroll audits, central statistics office, and other requirements.
- Aid in processing, payment, reconciliation, and reporting of benefits (e.g., Health Insurance, Pension, Share Awards etc.) as required.
- Perform basic standard defined tasks to on-board new clients.
- Keeps up to date with changes in local payroll and tax legislation.
- Participates in payroll related projects when required to do so.
- Provides administrative support to the payroll team as required
- Attends client meetings as required
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably expected for the role
Critical competencies for success
- Will take advantage of learning opportunities to meet needs of current job
- Has a good understanding of technicalities of own role
- Promptly and efficiently completes work assignments
- Good understanding how immediate payroll team interact with other teams to deliver results
- Understand and apply companies code of conduct and values
Leadership & Resource Management
- Provides guidance on basic tasks to colleagues in immediate team.
- Manages personal workload effectively
- Responds to and anticipates client needs in a timely and professional manner
- Listens actively, considers people's concerns, and adjust own behavior in a helpful manner.
- Consistently strives to provide a quality service
- Implements the necessary steps of the service process
- Handles complaints and difficult customers in positive and effective manner, considering global and cultural differences
- Takes responsibility for obtaining and sharing required information with others
- Understands clients, identifies their needs, and creates positive first impressions
Key results Areas & Key Performance Indicators
- 99% data entry completeness and accuracy into the payroll system
- 100% adherence to ISO27001 Data/information Security & ISAE 3402 protocols
- Ensure timeliness and correctness of data provided to clients
- Zero customer escalations related to delivery for allocated client tasks
- Support process enhancement initiatives and utilize existing systems
- 100% timely and accurate personal time writing within required deadline
Job specific requirements
- IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent qualification, or willingness to study towards the qualification
- Some experience in a fast paced, high volume payroll position,
- A detailed knowledge of Paye As You Earn (including Benefits in Kind) and PRSI/NI,
- Familiarity with Revenue's online service and the bank transfer processes,
- Experience with payroll systems e.g. Sage MicroPay, STAR & Microsoft office packages or willingness to learn to use payroll systems
- Statistical reporting experience,
- Resourceful, independent, and strong problem-solving abilities,
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan and organize themselves,
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.