- JN -012024-1954293
- Jan 18, 2024
Our client is a leading multinational technology company looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join their Edge and Network Services team - 11 Month Contract
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying and supporting one of the world's largest and complex networks. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of networking with our client.
- 6+ years of IP networking experience with designing, deploying, and supporting service provider, data centre, and/or enterprise network infrastructure.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment.
- Experience coordinating and executing hardware installation and configuration.
- Working knowledge of fibre-optic communications technology including CWDM and DWDM.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise and carrier class routing, switching, and optical transport platforms.
- Knowledge of data centre design and operational best practices.
- Experience with Linux OS/networking.
- Experience analysing situations and utilising problem solving experiences under pressure.
- Proven experience leading and executing network deployment projects.
- Experience working with limited supervision.
- Experience interacting with vendors and external parties to drive projects to completion.
- Time and project management experience.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
- Experience with field-based work in Colocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
- Scripting experience with Python or Perl.
- Network certifications such as CCNP, CCIE or JNCIP, JNCIE Expert level certifications.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Sales Recruitment