Technical Director - Process Engineering
- BBBH796529 Nov 25, 2021 €90k - €120k
This company are an expanding international Process, M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
As an experienced Technical Director the successful candidate will have experience in the delivery of high technology projects in the Life Sciences sector. Other sector experience in the chemical processing, laboratories and cleanrooms sectors would be desirable.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services in the Life Sciences sector. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Carries out surveys and due diligence reports on existing process installations
- Assists project managers in fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and detailed designs
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the companies technical capabilities
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- B.E./BSc in Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering
- M.IChemE, M.ISPE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status or aspiring to chartered status
- Significant experience of specification design for Life Sciences projects
- Experience of having managed projects abroad (desirable)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300